I am surprised by how many game developers continue to ignore the free-to-play business model and the impact of Club Penguin on the game industry. In the next 3 years, approximately 150 million penguins (kids) will become teenagers. A couple things you need to understand about Club Penguin:
- Club Penguin is almost 8 years old.
- Club Penguin is a service.
- Club Penguin has released new content every week since it launched in 2005.
- Club Penguin releases content globally on the same day in 5 languages.
- Club Penguin releases all merchandise in sync with the online world.
- Club Penguin is free-to-play (or freemium)
Is your studio ready for this new generation of players?