I have received hundreds of emails with questions about the next Penguin Chat. Here are some of the frequently asked questions and answers.
- When will Penguin Chat 3 come out? Public testing begins March 31
- Will you need to create a new account? Yes, all penguins will need to register a new account. You will not be required to enter your email address, but if you forget your password, we will not be able to send you a new password. If you are under 13, then you will require your parents permission to use the chat.
- Is Penguin Chat 3 FREE? Yes
- Will the new chat be moderated? Yes. Each penguin can send a report to a moderator about trouble users. Moderators will review the report and ban trouble users. We will ban users if they are found swearing or using explicit, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive language.
- Will there be more songs? Yes. We are currently negotiating the rights to use a number of songs. Both the Coffee Shop and the Disco will have music.
- Will you be able to buy things for your penguin in the gift shop? No. The gift shop will allow you to purchase REAL things. You will be able to buy Penguin Chat t-shirts, stickers and more. The sale of these items will allow us to pay for the cost of hosting the Penguin Chat.
- Will there be yellow penguins? Good Idea, we'll add them.